Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Percent of Total for Dimension, Ignoring Selections

Good morning, Community!

In the attached spreadsheet, I've included sample data and some "charts" that present the information in the required manner.

We allocate employee pay across projects every month , and I'm pulling from a table view in our ODS (all I have access to).  It includes the name, project number, dollars allocated, and period.

What I need to be able to do is always present the employee's pay as a percentage of THEIR OWN total for the month, regardless of selections of any of the dimensions, and regardless of how many instances of a dimension I select at a time.

I've tried everything I can think of - set analysis $/1, aggregations, Total functions, etc...and no matter what I do, when I make a selection, the % of total always changes so that it is using the selection value as the denominator.

Most of the time, I'm selecting one project in order to see all the employees paid from that project for the period.  And inevitably, the % of total for each one shows 100%.

Can anyone help me with this?  I've read everything I can find on set analysis, etc...downloaded sample files...and I am just stuck.

Many thanks!

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

‌I just stumbled on p() and did a slight modification to the set analysis formula you helped me with previously:

sum( {1 <Period = p(Period)>}Total <EmployeeName>PayAmountField)

It fixed the problem!