Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmensing
Contributor III
Contributor III

Performance Issues

Hello there,

i've created a simple data model with only one table. In the app i've only got a straight table object with

one expression and five dimensions. By Scrolling through the data it's slighty stuttering.

Whenever i resize the straight table object, so let's say that there are only a few lines visible without Scrolling - it runs

much better...

I've checked the proberties of the document and the straight table is only using 358 KB... any ideas?

13 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Questions from my end

1) What is the file size where you load?

2) How many records are there in your straight table?

3) Looks like you load direct from flat file. But, try to STORE that directory to qvd and load again then check in UI

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
bmensing
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

1) 34 MB

2) 200

3) i am loading out of a .qvw - File

as i said i am getting good results when resizing the object...

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I've tested now in my application, The moment you said is 200 Records. I wonder, even what was the debug we need to look. I am not that expertise in? May be marcus_sommerstevedark‌ can explain as we are to

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
bmensing
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

of course its hard to get an out-of-the-box solution... but maybe someone can explain

why a small-sized object works smooth instead of a large-sized object...

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you experiencing this in the browser?

If so, what you are seeing is a symptom of how QlikView only sends the data that the user can see to them when the object is first rendered.  When they scroll it then sends the next bit of data - causing a stutter.  This is obviously essential when you have thousands of rows.  Unfortunately even when there is only a relatively small amount of data you may still see a stutter.

marcus_sommer

I wouldn't really expect any performance-issues by this app-size and number of records within the table. Whereby are you using any calculated dimensions or any aggr() or nested if-loops there? Any functions like now() or dimension-groups or variables in use or maybe conditions in dimensions/expressions?

- Marcus

bmensing
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

its in the browser but although in the development Environment... after reducing the Dimension

to let's say only 2 or 3 ... its getting better...

bmensing
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

only sum() with set expression... and no calculated dimensions.. when reducing the quantity of the dimension its getting better... but why? all fields belong to the same .qvd

marcus_sommer

Actually I couldn't remember such behaviour with quite small tables. Do you experience this only with this table respectively application or are there other ones, too? Another potential issue - is the server-release and the release from the development desktop client the same?

- Marcus