Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikView forum consolidation is complete. Labels are now required. LEARN ABOUT LABELS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Personell_data - sickness "phases" - date_problem

Hi,

I once again face a problem in my personell_data app. I'll try to put together some sample data to illustrate the exact nature of my problem.

- We have n employees, associated with n areas.

- These employees, of course, are sick at times.

- What I want is ultimately the average duration of sickness_phases by area so these can be compared.

- I have already come pretty far in this:

- I have built a counter that, within one "sickness_phase" for one employee, counts the nr. of days that emp is sick.

- By aggregating I have now joined the total nr. of days to every day of a "sickness_phase" - so if it was 5 days in total,
       then every "day = record" says 5.

<=> The problem is, to aggregate this by area (over all emps in that area), I have to throw out the date and the emp_no.
        => So currently I have a hard-coded date_filter (this year) in my script to get exactly ONE value per area.

<=> That of course limits the user's possibilities on the GUI: It is then impossible to view last year's data.

Can anyone help me possibly overcome that limitation?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: There's no qvw in my attachment, but only the base_data (such as I have it now, with the "total_nr_of_days") - it should  be easy to make a barchart out of this, however.
          => Once again, my problem is that currently I disregard the date and just display a YTD_average (of the duration of
                 "sickness_phases") per area. I would like to have the possibility of selecting some "cutoff date", however, to be able to
                  make month-over-month comparisons or so.

0 Replies