Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Table - Expression Background Color

When a custom background color (heat map) is created for an expression in a pivot table the background color for the first row of data is duplicated for the expression header. This does not seem right, is there a way to hide the header row for the expression. I have 2 expressions for the pivot and it is adding the header row for both and there is nothing in the presentation tab that will allow me to suppress the headers and/or not create a background color for these.

Any ideas?

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you use "Visual Cues" for the expressions and try to make your background color (heat map) in the "Normal" / Background definition, then the color is not duplicated in the expression header.

If you want to define a color for the header itself, you can use the "Text" / Background definition.

Worked fine with a similar problem for us.

HTH

Not applicable
Author

HTH,

That's a good solution but is only works if you want to evaluate the same expression in "Expression" tab and in "Visual Cues" tab. If you need to vary expression line color by comparing other fields' values, "Visual Cues" doesn't do the trick.

Has anyone been able to solve this?

leocvaz
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I had the same problem. I made a workaround that worked in my case.

- In presentation put the sub total on top

- in the backgroud color of the expression test the dimensionality (do not color the subtotal)

The subtotal row works like a barrier for the colored cells.

bye

Not applicable
Author

HTH, your response was very useful for me.

I thnk that you can change the color of the header by doing waht HTH says using calculated color, and inside this option you can use different ifs to set the different colors. I have not tried this solution but I think it is going to work.

Regards,

Marcelo