Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orital81
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Pivot Table Issue - Null Values when no selection is made

Hi, I have created a Pivot table with 4 dimentions and 3 expression (as seen in the screenshot).

For some reason most of the expressions are null,

It shows the correct value only after im selecting a specific line.

I will appreciate your help solving this issue.

QVW File Attached.

QVPic1.JPG

Thanks a lot

Ori

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Ori,

It actually works correct.

When you select one specific row, then Qlikview shows only associated data that are related with your selection. So, this is why when you select one row, it shows values on the fields.

When everthing is clear, then it is shows all your data set. for example, on that specific date "1 - 21/02/2012", you have only 15 records. However, for other dates, you also have records. When you do not select anything other 606 records are shown as null..

If you wish to prevent such a feel-look of a table, I suggest you to use the new functionality of QlikView 11. You can define conditions to show dimensions and measures. There is a good example at What's new in QV11 document's "Reports" tab.. I suggest you you take a lot at that document.

BR

Omer

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You actually have 6 dimensions, 2 of which were drug across the top.  The reason you are seeing "strange" behavior when you click on a particular line is because it reduces the top dimensions to only display the columns with data.  If you drag the columnar dimensions back to the left side, I bet you will see the behavior you are expecting.

orital81
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Aron, Thanks for the quick reply.

I would like to clarify and simplify my question:

This is an MRP view, each Master Item (Columns) has many ingredients (Lines)

Each ingrerdient has different values per Master Item.

If I drag the 2 columns (Req, Status, Details) back to Dimention lines then I will get more than 1

line per ingredient.

QVPic2.JPG

Not applicable

Hi Ori,

It actually works correct.

When you select one specific row, then Qlikview shows only associated data that are related with your selection. So, this is why when you select one row, it shows values on the fields.

When everthing is clear, then it is shows all your data set. for example, on that specific date "1 - 21/02/2012", you have only 15 records. However, for other dates, you also have records. When you do not select anything other 606 records are shown as null..

If you wish to prevent such a feel-look of a table, I suggest you to use the new functionality of QlikView 11. You can define conditions to show dimensions and measures. There is a good example at What's new in QV11 document's "Reports" tab.. I suggest you you take a lot at that document.

BR

Omer

orital81
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Got it.

Thank you Omer.