Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pivot Table Total Labels

Is it possible to use a dimension value as part of the Pivot Table totals label?  Below is a screen shot of the pivot table and the properties window.  I would like the "Total" line to reflect the name of the dimension that is being totaled (Payment Schedule = Annual should show as "Annual Total" or "every 3 years" should show as "every 3 years Total", etc).  I'm not sure how to code the Label for Totals expression to make this happen (or if this is even possible).  I tried coding this as "=Payment_Schedule &' Total' " but that only shows the word "Total" at each break. 

Has anyone done this?   Is it possible?  Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ed T.

Pivot Table.GIF

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this discussion: Custom Labels in Pivot Table

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As an alternative, you could try the indent mode style (Properties | Style | Indent Mode). I usually combine that with Presentation | Subtotals on Top.

Tip: you cannot change the partial total settings while in Indent Mode. But if you turn Indent Mode off, change the settings and turn it back on again, your table will respect the new settings.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein