Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot expand problem

Hi ALL,

I have the following problem.

I have a pivot table with colors background in every dimensions.

when the pivot is collapse, the table looks like the following:

1 pivot.PNG

when I open the second dimension, I can see the colors of all the column although I want to see only the color of the specific row I expanded

2 pivot.PNG

Can someone please advise? Hope I was clear enough

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Now I get it. It seems as if the Activity 1 area, whenever collapsed, gets the color of the first actual Activity 1 dimension value.

You can use the dimensionality() function to decide whether a dimension cell should be colored or not. See the QV Desktop help (Chart Inter Record Functions->dimensionality()) which explicitly states that "A typical use is in attribute expressions, when you want to apply different cell formatting depending on aggregation level of data."

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Both selections (3372 & 3376) are expanded, it seems...

Not applicable
Author

only the first dimension, the second dimension is not

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm sorry, I'm not following you.

What should be colored differently in your second screenshot?

Not applicable
Author

the activity 1 field under 3376 shouldn't be white because I didn't expand the "session name" dimension of that row?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no Activity 1 area for 3376->Health. The Session Name field covers two cells and the double cell is green.

[Edit] Wasn't precise enough. Better now.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for answering.

that's not true. you can see in the attached screenshot that this field contain activity 1 after expanding it.

3 pivot.PNG

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Now I get it. It seems as if the Activity 1 area, whenever collapsed, gets the color of the first actual Activity 1 dimension value.

You can use the dimensionality() function to decide whether a dimension cell should be colored or not. See the QV Desktop help (Chart Inter Record Functions->dimensionality()) which explicitly states that "A typical use is in attribute expressions, when you want to apply different cell formatting depending on aggregation level of data."

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!