Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table Total

Hi Everyone,

I am using a pivot table and I am tying to include below expression.

=(If(Sum(CASE) >0 and PROD='C',Count(DISTINCT MATERIAL),0))

The expression works correctly on every row, but the total is not correct. The total includes everything which is not satisfied by the if condition. Can you please let me know, the correct way? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Santhosh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

At the chart level, i.e. the total level, PROD has no single value. That's why that part of the condition will never be true at the total level. If you want to sum the counts of the row levels you need to use something like:

sum(aggr((If(Sum(CASE) >0 and PROD='C',Count(DISTINCT MATERIAL),0)), Dim1, Dim2, ..., DimN)

Replace Dim1, Dim2, ..., DimN with the names of the fields that you use as dimensions in your pivot table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

can you tell us the dimensions? post the sample also

Gysbert_Wassenaar

At the chart level, i.e. the total level, PROD has no single value. That's why that part of the condition will never be true at the total level. If you want to sum the counts of the row levels you need to use something like:

sum(aggr((If(Sum(CASE) >0 and PROD='C',Count(DISTINCT MATERIAL),0)), Dim1, Dim2, ..., DimN)

Replace Dim1, Dim2, ..., DimN with the names of the fields that you use as dimensions in your pivot table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Sum(Aggr((If(Sum(CASE) >0 and PROD='C',Count(DISTINCT MATERIAL),0)), YourChartDimensions))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Settu, Sunny and Gysbert. The solution worked.