Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table sent to Excel (not the same total sum)

Hi there,
I have a case with a pivot table in QlikView where the total sum is not the same when you send the data to Excel and use the Excel Sum function.  BUT this only happens if all line are expanded in the pivot table

Example:
In the QlikView Pivot table I have Total Sum of -112.373.139. If I send it to Excel with all lines expanded and use the Sum function in Excel I get -112.623.253.  If I do the same with all lines in the pivot table collapsed I get the correct sum.

Someone who has seen this before?

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Fjalar,

There is nothing wrong with this.  Excel total is always "sum of rows", while pivot table total is always "expression total".  In almost all cases the "expression total is correct".  It eliminates duplicates if an item is counted in more than one row.  Excel "doesn't know" about the duplicates.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Sounds like a stupid question now afterwords.  Thank you very much for your answer it was very helpful

Regards

Fjalar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't believe that there are "stupid questions".  It's the answers that can be stupid....

As for your question - in fact there are occasions that the users want to see "sum of rows" in pivot total (don't ask me why).  It can be done by using expressions with aggr() by all dimensions.

Regards,

Michael