Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pivot table with horizontal dimensions ,export to excel not working properly

Hi guys,

I really hope someone can help me.

I have a pivot table, with dimension (Kostenstelle), 2 horizontal dimensions, year and month, and a sum as expression.

The problem is, when I export this table to excel for some reason the info that i have in the column Kostenstelle is copied in the next column, which should remain empty as there are just the headers from month and year.  As you can see in the pictures, I have Kostenstelle 00460 and in the next column under Year/Month I have 460.

bug qv.PNG

Or here with the year expended :

bug qv 2.PNG

I would really appreciate your help.

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Weird, mine are exported ok, after the Row 2 there are no values in B column:

Can you upload a sample to check?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I could solve it when I have 2 expressions. With only one expression the horizontal columns are aligned in the report like in the picture above.But with 2 expressions... I have different alignment :

spend.PNG

In this case the year and months are on top of the dimension, and no other empty column is created.

So in order to fix the problem at the moment, I just added a 2nd expression and disable it... the view with the empty column stands, but the numbers are not copied anymore. But also this is working actually only when the first horizontal dimension is month not the year... and what I need is that year is the first horizontal dimension.

I had no time to create a dummy as an example for you but I will came back to this problem next week.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I managed to make an example, containing 2 tables, one has just one expression and the columns alignment it is not properly made and the other one has 2 expressions and the Excel Export is working. One important aspect : the QV Version I am using is 11.2 SR 12 ! Apparently for QV10 it is working, but I need this to work for my version.

Thank you so much for your help!