Load * Inline [

Head Create ,Item Create
12/2/2024,       12/2/2024
12/4/2014,

];

Comparing two dates and expected o/p is below

Yes1
No2

To get above o/p i have used the expression =if([Head Create]=[Item Create],'Yes','No') in calculated dimension  and 

= count(if([Head Create]=[Item Create],'Yes','No')) as expression. Could some explain what happens with this expression

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

I don't think you really need this... I think Sum(1) should work for you as well... In fact you can perform the calculated dimension operation in the script and use it as a field

Table:
LOAD *,
	 If([Head Create] = [Item Create], 'Yes', 'No') as MatchFlag;
LOAD * INLINE [
    Head Create, Item Create
    12/2/2024, 12/2/2024
    12/4/2014
];
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Priya, did Sunny's example app and explanation get you a working use case?  If so, do not forget to return to your thread and use the Accept as Solution button on Sunny's post to give him credit for the assistance and let other Community Members know this worked for the use case.  If you are still needing further help, please leave an update.

One area you may to spend some time browsing is the Design Blog, here is the base URL for that area, you can use it to search just this area to find how-to posts that may help on future endeavors.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.