Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Postgres tables not recognized

I am working with a data warehouse that uses Postgres and relies heavily on materialized views.  Out of the box, the ODBC driver did not recognize the materialized views, so that was not an option.  I moved on to using OLE DB.  I followed the installation instructions to the T and all of the tables and views were listed.  I thought my problems were solved.

However, whenever I choose either a table or view and then click Reload, I get the following error:

ErrorSource: PGNP, ErrorMsg: Undefined table ace.v_traffic_org_app_daily

SQL SELECT * FROM ace."v_traffic_org_app_daily"

ace is the name of the database I'm connecting to.  v_traffic_org_app_daily is a view, but I'm having the same problem with tables as well.  The quotation marks were added by QlikView.  I tried removing them as well as removing the preceding "ace", but that didn't work as well.

I'm totally stuck until I solve this.  I'm not able to see any of the data in my data warehouse at this time.

2 Replies
erivera10
Creator
Creator

I found a solution for this error, reinstall, reboot, did many things and many assumptions methods, but what worked for me after analyzing the code I found the error.

When you load a table shows you the code by default.

SQL SELECT *

FROM testing."public"."sale_order_line";

The solution is as follows:

SQL SELECT *

FROM "public"."sale_order_line";

Good luck.

Encontré una solución para este error, reinstale, reinicie, hice muchas cosas y muchos supuestos metodos, pero lo que me funcionó después de analizar el código encontre el error.

Cuando tu cargas una tabla te muestra este código por default.

SQL SELECT *

FROM testing."public"."sale_order_line";

La solución esta así:

SQL SELECT *

FROM "public"."sale_order_line";

Buena suerte.

erivera10
Creator
Creator

With odbc driver works perfectly.