Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Power point integration

Hi,

It seems to be possible to very easily drag and drop items from qv to power point: QlikView - PowerPoint Integration - YouTube

However, if I copy something as an object from qlickview only paste options in power point are the ones below. Does anyone know reason why this doesn't work at my computer?

Capture.PNG.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Maybe check out this blog post, it sounds like what you need!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Robert, did you forget the link?

Greg_Williams
Former Employee
Former Employee

Be sure that the MS PowerPoint bit version (32 or 64-bit) is same as QV Desktop Version.

Drag a chart from the QlikView Desktop application into a PowerPoint slide.

Wait a few seconds.

Not applicable
Author

http://www.learnqlickview.com/interactive-qlikview-app-in-powerpoint/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&...

Sometimes the wait is worth it!  Sorry, the link had to be moderated

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This will only works if you have named cal allocated.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

What do you mean? "cal allocated"?

This will only works if you have named cal allocated.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

It mean that you need to lease licence from QlikView server and then copy paste objects from your application to PowerPoint.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Greg_Williams
Former Employee
Former Employee

Correct. You need to use the Desktop Client > licensed as a Named or Local client CAL (Client Access License).

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I just want to link up here because this is something I tried before and it didn't work out.

What Ashfaq meant is quite simple: QlikView works on the basis of licenses - CALs. You need one of those to be able to use QlikView at all - and one license has to be allocated to the user running the ppt.

This functionality might actually be very important when it comes to presenting the "added value" that we got out of having QlikView so far - since QlikView is basically "only" a tool for visualization and graphical representation for informations that were there before, it is quite hard to measure that and to find arguments for it.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: This CAL - does that have to be allocated also to the user running the ppt or only to the one dragging the QV_objects into the ppt - assuming it is not the same person?