Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalyandg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Print Name in the Report through print as pdf option

Hi All,

I need to print a user identification name on the report through the "Print as PDF" option.

For Example: if my user identification is Qlikview and password Qlikview....

if I right click on any report and select Print as PDF... it will go to print the report as pdf...

if we have any selections made in Qlikview, it may appear as Selection Status in the report.

My idea is to create a User listbox and hide it, but selection of the listbox must correspond to the user whom have logged into this document. for ex. Qlikview(User Identity) is logged in, the print will come with report as "Selection Status  User:Qlikview(appear in the print)".

I need to bring the above. Please help me to solve the same.

Thanks in Advance,

Kalyan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kalyandg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

hi Vegar,

Till my doubt is not cleared, because now i have been assigned to perform the above task in Qlikview Server, because my clients will go to the access point and there they will take the report print, so is there possible to get the name of the user name in the licensed user list?

If Yes, pls tell me how? if we get that, we can use that parameter to be printed.

Also u have replied me to use your idea in text in chart, but it will always display in the report,

so i dont need that idea.

Later i got idea to use in Print settings at General Tab.

Kindly let me know if we are possible to get the user name through qlikview server?

Thanks,

Kalyan.D

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Kalyan,

There is one function called QVUser(). If possible try with the same.

-Jay

kalyandg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

hi jaya prai

how could we put it? as a listbox or in the print settings?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would put =OSUser() into a textbox and drag into the top of my reports.

kalyandg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

hi vegar

how could we do? will you post any sample doc and instructions

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Take a look at my attached qvw. I put osuser() in a textbox and use it in a report.

I often have a hidden tab in my document where I store report objects that I don't want to show the user when working in the document.

kalyandg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

hi vegar,

Thanks for your document, it is really very nice.

I have seen it, the reports is we are doing. user cannot know how to do reports. but some users may know.

so I had tried using print settings in the chart properties, in the print settings, I have given the qvuser, so that user name will display in the print out of any reports. but I don't know whether my idea is correct.

Once again I thank you.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could put a text in chart and put it wherever you want it. See attached qvw.

textin chart.PNG.png

kalyandg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

ok thanks.

kalyandg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

hi Vegar,

Till my doubt is not cleared, because now i have been assigned to perform the above task in Qlikview Server, because my clients will go to the access point and there they will take the report print, so is there possible to get the name of the user name in the licensed user list?

If Yes, pls tell me how? if we get that, we can use that parameter to be printed.

Also u have replied me to use your idea in text in chart, but it will always display in the report,

so i dont need that idea.

Later i got idea to use in Print settings at General Tab.

Kindly let me know if we are possible to get the user name through qlikview server?

Thanks,

Kalyan.D