Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Print a page per record of a Qlikview table (as in excel layout function)

I'm facing troubles through the following:

I have an excel file which has a straigh table on sheet 'A'. On sheet 'B' there is a reference lookup to table on 'Sheet A' that displays in a single page one row of sheet 'B' as a report. Therefore we have something like this:

Sheet 'A': 

ID    Folio           Type

1     GA/20202     Electronics

2      GA/2012      Goods

And so on for n number of records,

Now in sheet 'B'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title

Page 1            

ID:      1                                        Type: Electronics

Folio: GA/20202

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now going to next page...

Page 2           

ID:      1                                        Type: Goods

Folio: GA/2012

And so on for each record in sheet 'B'

Is this possible in Qlikview:

- i've tried using Excel but it is not in the server therefore not an option

- i tried multipage report option but it is not flexible on sppliting the cells accordingly to the example..

Any option or idea may help and would be appreciated.

Regards,

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

First create the report in QlikView, dragging and dropping the objects from your dashboard to the empty blank page. Then, in the Report screen where you see the page now with the objects, go to the Page menu, Page settings, select the "Banding" tab, click on "Loop page over possible values in field" and select Type from the dropdown. Accept and click ok.

In the reports menu you will see your report name as usual, but if you click on it you will see how QlikView loops the field Type and creates as many pages as values the field Type stores (in your example above, two). Click on Print Preview and you will see the same objects and page layout, margins, header, footer and so according to what you specified in the step above, but the values in the chart will change on each page according to each value.

Hope that helps.

Miguel