Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Prior Period with Set Analysis

I have the following in a table and I'd like to display the prior periods sales in the same row as the current row using set analysis rather then before and after functions. I think I'm close with understand the set syntax, but still not getting the right values in the table:

Cur Mth Sales             Last Month            Change               % Change

Jan 2014                        10,000                     20,000                   -10,000                 
Feb 2014                        20,000                     10,000                  +10,000

Can someone help with the syntax for Last Month, Change, and % Change?

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Set analysis evaluates data over the whole (or selected) data set, not per dimension value in the chart.  It is not intended for what you want.

I recommend to use before or above function.

Not applicable
Author

ok. but the problem is if I use the before or above function and I am using a set statement to show the prior 12 mths data, I dont get the last months value for the earliest period in the selection

In my example if Jan 2014 was the earliest period, then I would not get 20,000 for Last Month because December 2013 is not in the diplayed range

But what if I did want to set this up based upon user date selection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you upload your app?