Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem displaying hebrew characters

Hello,

I have a really strange thing happening.

2 computers which have the same operating system. My database connection is an oracle ole db

One computer shows hebrew characters. I copied the qvw file to the other computer and it shows the reults in hebrew as well.

But when I press reload the hebrew characters turn into question marks.

I checked the the encoding is on unicode and not ansi.

Have no idea what to do next

Thank you

3 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

This question is posted in the wrong spot.

Can you tell me if this question is for QlikView or Qlik Sense, so I can move it to the right section?

Thank you.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Qlikview

marcus_sommer

A question marks is normally the replace-character of qlikview if any value has no string-representation. Therefore you should get a visible output if you used functions like text(), num(), dual() and/or to check them functions like len() or ord(). But this is rather not a solution else a workaround respectively a way to find out what's going on.

I think you need to check again if really all settings to the char-set are the same. This also includes the various windows-settings, for example the region-settings then qlikview will use them. Here an example what is meant and what might be related to your case: Search - But what shall you find?

- Marcus