Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem in Selection Criteria

Dear All,

How can i check Frequently used selection critieria to be displayed first.

PLease Suggest me with the answer,

With Regards,

Pranav

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pranav ,

Ideal way if you know what will be maximum selection , then store it as a Bookmark & display .

I dont think there is any mechanism for ranking your search criterias .

Regards,

Bhushan N

Not applicable
Author

This is an interesting question. Hope the "big guys" jump in on this.

It would need a log file to be maintained as you might only want selections from a certain date range in the past. The sum of logged selections could then be used to create an additional sort column for displaying the list.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bhushan for your Quick Reply

Hope any one will solve the problem which will be helpful for all of us.

Thanks Again....

Regards

Pranav Paul

Not applicable
Author

Dear Juerg

Can u please tell me in details how to maintain a Log file and Display the Selection criteria

Thanks for ur Quick Reply.

Regards

Pranav

Not applicable
Author

You could call a macro when users select from the list (Trigger). You would also need to have the settings to allow for writing to the disk. In the macro append to a file the selected value. You can get the selected value with GetFieldSelections(). If users can select multiple items you might want to add each selected field to the log using GetSelectedCount() and subfield().

Can't really think of a good method to keep the log from growing and growing. You could use e.g. logparser (a free Microsoft tool) called by the windows scheduler to take care of this. Add the log date into the log file for this to work.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Juerg,

If i will Make a log file and attach all the feilds which are selected by the user and then again put the log files, then how will it show the selected feilds in the sorting order...

Please Reply and Sorry to Disturb you...

Please Reply ASAP....

Regards Pranav