Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem loading audit logs?

Hi All,

I am having an issue loading audit log files into QV. It seems that the TAB delimiter strips the majority of the MESSAGE field. I need this field to highlight top selections

Any suggestions?

3 Replies
philip_doyne
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi - I quite agree.  I think it is a bug and I cannot find any reference to it to date.  The issue is that there is no field name in the first row for the final field containing the selected value.    If you want to load all the columns you need (as a temporary workaround to open the Audit?????.log file (do this for all of them - ugh - but you only need to do it once after the file is created - use Monthly Logging Intervals until this is fixed?).   If you have the file open in (say) NotePad.exe, then

1) Put the cursor after the final "e" of Message

2) Add a TAB character

3) Add a field name - I suugest "Selected Value"

4) Save the file

Now if you load the file into Excel using specifying the delimiter as TAB you will get the extra field "Selected Value".

I am sure if I had the will I could work out a way to do this in the script so you could automate the load and apply the work around.

This problem exists on v11.2 SR3 - I will log it as a bug.

Philip

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ayron,

Have you found any non manual workaround on this? I am in the exact same situation.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

I managed to find a workaround.

You can use and extra space like '\t ' as a delimiter in order to get the missing column.

cheers