Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with Stacked Bar Chart

I have a stacked bar chart that combines invoiced sales with open sales. I group by location then by year. This works fine.

The problem happens when I introduce a symbol to represent budget values. The symbols appear on the same line (location) and don't appear over the bars associated with their year. My small attachment isolates and demonstrates the problem. Can someone help? Thanks.

6 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Brian,

I'm afraid but it seems to be design defect to me. I don't see any setting to move the symbols. Sorry, not very helpful!

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

Perhaps you could use trellis as an alternative?

Example attached.

Not applicable
Author

How disappointing if there's no answer and this proves to be a bug/defect.

I could possibly work with the Trellis Chart (and thank you), but the example you posted shows a lot of wasted real estate. For instance, why does the graph scale out to 100,000 when the maximum value of any bar is ~30,000? Also it would be nice to have the location labels off to the side rather than over the top of each graph. I'm not sure there's a way to do that...

Not applicable
Author

I have never been able to find a way to move the trellis labels. You could use text objects or a transparent overlay as a work-around, but obviously this isn't ideal.

Attached is a copy with a scaling solution for the trellis chart and one other option that might be worth a look.

Not applicable
Author

I plan to report this as a bug to QlikView.

As for your workarounds, I think they're best options given the nature of the problem. Thanks for taking the time.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clark. I like your alternative approach here which concatenates location and year as a single dimension. Do you see a way to sort the bars in the same manner as the trellis chart -- that is, ascending by 2014 sales with corresponding 2013 sales just below each bar? I'm struggling with this right now and don't see an easy way...