Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with treeview in listbox

Hi there,

how do i get qlikview to display the value in a pivot table or straight table depending on the selected node in a listbox (treeview).

If i click the A Level 1(11) i want to see the sum of A Level 2(111) and A Level 2(112).

Example:

A Level1 (11) [1500] = A Level 2(111) [1000] + A Level 2 (112) [500]

Maybe it's just a newby problem but hopefully someone has an idea.

Thanks and regards

Markus

4 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You're much better off doing this with data association in the script than trying to do it in the front end. Create a separate field for parent nodes and then link your TreeView child field to those parent nodes. In the front-end listbox, you can use concatenation in an expression to show the treeview: ParentNode & '\' & TreeView. You would thereby keep all the data associations so clicking a parent node would select all children. As you currently have it, clicking a "parent" TreeView value excludes the children.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

thanks for the idea. Honestly i don't know exactly how to do it.

Do you have some example?

Thanks & regards

Markus

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, it's a little time-consuming for me to create the actual logic, but take a look at my post here and maybe it will give you some ideas for a starting point: http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/32984/127717.aspx

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

no problem at all. I will have a look at youre other post. Hopefully the penny drops. Smile

Regards