Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgrs4219
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problem with value list?

Hi Community,

I have a requirement that i need to visualize my data points exactly like the way i have shown in following spread sheet.Here i am using  value list to create dummy dimensions with three value valuelist('value1','value2','value3') and i have two expressions.for first expression i want to show the three value value1,value2,value3 but in second expression i only need to values value1 ,value3 to meet my requirement .again if am doing above procedure am geeting 3 values for second expreesion though i didn't not mention it in expression,because its valuelist.So is there any workaround in order to acheive same kind of view as i have in below spread sheet.Kindly help me. Thanks

4 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

can you post some sample data?

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Vineeth rights, from ValueList.xls is not very clear idea. Maybe these considerations will help.

In the file qvw there is no data, the database is empty. Constract Chats with valuelist().

1) Calculation of third degree values of synthetic dimension (all values)

Dimensions: =ValueList(1,3,5)

Expression: pow(ValueList(1,3,5), 3)

Result

1.jpg

2) Calculation of only specific values for synthetic dimension (only the values indicated in the expression)

Dimensions: =ValueList(1,3,5)

Expression:

If(ValueList(1,3,5) = 1, 1,

If(ValueList(1,3,5) = 5, 125,

))

Result

2.jpg

Maybe your case is described in option 1) and option 2) you need?

Regards,

Andrey

MarcoWedel

please post a sample that includes data for all source fields and your expected result.

thanks

regards

Marco

sunny_talwar

Marco, I think its a triple post.... qvw sample here:

Customized Value List