Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems with gaps and sorting in bar chart

Hello,

I have a simple table of projects, with the fields Project (unique), Responsible, and EndDate.  I am trying to chart these as 2 dimensions and an expression in a horizontal bar chart.  The goal is to show a simple timeline from today onwards of which projects each person Responsible has been tasked with.  If I group the bars, I get gaps because QV forces a placeholder for all possible values of the 2nd dimension (Responsible) even though there can only ever be 1 value per Project.  I tried stacking instead (since there is only 1 2nd dimension value or expression per 1st dimension value anyway) and the chart comes up blank in v10.  It does display in v11, but I am restricted to v10 for the forseeable future.  Stacking resolves the gap problem in v11 but fails in v10.

The other issue I have is the sort.  The customer wants to see the chart sorted by 2nd dimension (Responsible) and then EndDate.  I cannot make it work no matter how many options/expressions I have tried.

We all know a picture or chart is worth 1,000 words, so please see the attached file.  It has a sample table of data, 2 chart variations I have tried, and a mockup image of what I need the final result to look like.  If anyone can provide a solution and explanation I would VERY much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rich

3 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

pls check 2nd chart...

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Please check enclosed file...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick response.  I see the desired results in you chart in v11, but when I open the file in v10 there are no bars in it (see attached).  I didn't see any v11-specific features chart.jpg