Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Put the name of the field itself as a dimension label

Hello!

I like to put as a dimension label the name of the field itself, so that if the name is changed in the script the label will also be automatically changed. I do not intend to use this macro. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

10 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you elaborate little more please?

may be =$(=[$Field])

Not applicable
Author

Please, See image!Example_Field_Dimension_Label.png

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Simply don't mention any name and keep the field name blank on the second red box you shown above...

This will full fill your requirements...

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

One method to manage is to 'alias' the fields as they come in from the data source

EX:

LOAD

month as newmonth,

etc...

This way if you change the name in the alias in the load script (a single place). All chart dimensions will be automatically updated with the new alias.

Not applicable
Author

Need to use only part of the field name ... for example, the field called Field1, but just want to put on the label Field ...

If for some reason tomorrow this field is changed in the script to sales1, I should take a formula that only Sales.

I thank you!

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you provide some example of the fieldnames...

Not applicable
Author

Ok, this part is ok!

Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

It's a rule! Regardless of the name you use. I have hundreds or thousands of field names ...! As an example we can use the same ... The field name is "Field1" and want to show the label "Field".

Is that possible?

Thank you!

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Why I want to know the fieldname is because I want to see is there any specific logic behind the trimming or shorting the fieldname? we can do the changes accordingly ...