Creator

QV Script

as

4 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

hi,

so you have problem accessing the accesspoint of the server ?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

With the currently deployed script you can't modify the script.

However if you make a new version of the application you can locate the entire load script outside of the applications QVW-file by using a $(Include=<file_location>) or $(Must_Include=<file_location>).

Then the file_location could be a folder that is shared with you or even from an HTTP or HTTPS based location with an URL. In the last option you will have to point to a webserver where you have read/write access to the right folder.

qlikviewaf
Creator
Creator
Author

I don't have grants to access my qv server, on the other hand i can open the app using "open in a server" using my qv desktop client.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is there any problem with the standard procedure? That means to modify and test a new version of the document in your own (QV Desktop) environment, and when proven correct and reliable, to upload it again to the server?

Mind you, if you change the script of a published document, even a minor syntax error may cause all subsequent reloads to fail and without access to the QlikView server you will have no means to figure out what went wrong.

If you are the developer of this QlikView document, you must have QlikView Desktop and a file copy of the published document at your disposal. For guaranteed continuity, it's always better to use that environment to modify-improve-and then test your document.

BTW "Open in Server" turns your QV Desktop into a regular AccessPoint client, without any means to edit scripts or trigger manual reloads. In that case you're just visiting the document in the AccessPoint. To edit a script in a QVW document, you either need QV Desktop and a QVW file copy, or you must make the script external as Petter suggested, after which you can use a programmer's editor like Notepad++ to modify the script like a simple text file.

Best,

Peter