Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS Reload causes error while QVPE doesn't, help!

Dear All,

My company owns licensed QVS, no publisher

I have constructed a QVW, and  Put it onto Programdata/Qliktech/Document folder,

I used QMC, set a scheduled reload for the document, and I click reload it on status/tasks Tab,

It failed,

On the other hand, I installed a QVPE on the same machine, under the same situation,

I Reload the document with QVPE,

It succeeded.

Anyone can tell me what happened? is it a bug? of possibly some configuration I have made carelessly?

Regards,

Calvin Lin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Calvin,

This is usually due to a lack of permissions in folders by the account running QlikView Server (e.g.: you are using mapped network drives like "C:\" instead of UNC paths like "\\SERVERNAME\RESOURCE\Folder"), or because you have set an ODBC connection string for your own user that the account in the server does not have. To test it, log on to the server as the account running QlikView services, open Desktop and run a reload. That will tell you what do you need to configure.

Check your script and make sure that all paths you have specified are visible by the account that runs QlikView in the server (e.g.: STORE and LOAD from file commands...)

Kind regards,

Miguel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Calvin,

This is usually due to a lack of permissions in folders by the account running QlikView Server (e.g.: you are using mapped network drives like "C:\" instead of UNC paths like "\\SERVERNAME\RESOURCE\Folder"), or because you have set an ODBC connection string for your own user that the account in the server does not have. To test it, log on to the server as the account running QlikView services, open Desktop and run a reload. That will tell you what do you need to configure.

Check your script and make sure that all paths you have specified are visible by the account that runs QlikView in the server (e.g.: STORE and LOAD from file commands...)

Kind regards,

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Bravo Miguel !!

THX!