Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS (qlikview server) High memory usage (RAM)

Hi,

I have a problem with the RAM consumption in the server. When I check the Task Manager in the server I realise that there always a cosumption of 10 GB RAM without using any Qlikview application (everything is close, no users accessing to the AccessPoint, the Managemente Console is also close and there no document open in the server).

The process that are consuming the 10 GB of RAM without using anything else is called "QVS.exe".

Should be this the expected behaviour (the server has 32 GB RAM) because a month ago we update the memor form 16 GB to 32 GB RAM in the server and before there was no such a high RAM consumption.

Any tips to solve this?

Regards

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jaime,

Are any documents loaded by qlikview distribution service? or is any user document preloaded?

Not applicable
Author

hi

i think , in any application internal loop are running.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jaime

QV Server make much use of caching and uses RAM for cache until it reaches the % limit configured.

If it needs memory then it flushes old data from cache.

So your description is what I would expect.

Best Regards,     Bill

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This is a normal behavior, because QlikView holds the memory even tough no one is using the application.

When I say holds the memory means all the user activities will be captured and cached, but this will not impact the performance, because when memory is needed QlikView automatically deletes the unwanted catched memory.

Also make sure that following setting is there or not.

QEMC -> Documents -> User document -> Click on Application -> Performance ->Document Availability

Here see that Preload is checked or not.

If checked means QlikView will also hold the Application data in RAM.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jelco,

Thank you.

I have a Server which has also the distributor already installed in it. Although right now I am not using any distribution task.

Additionally there are no any document preloaded.

Regards