Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik and SQL syntax

Hello to everyone,

If I didn't post on the right part of the forums, sorry for that, just tell me where to post it properly.

I'm a beginner in the use of Qlik, trying to use some SQL scripts already developped on other softwares, I'm a bit aware of some specifications about the syntax when I want to get my sql to work, but I can't get a query to work.

Due to some complexity in the data I use, I have to use queries looking like thoses (just the SQL below)

with

Q1 as (select ... from ...),

Q2 as (select ... from ....)

select

from

where

It seems that the syntax with the WITH sql keyword is not working on Qlik, could someone confirm this to me or explain if there is a specific syntax (I could put the Q1 and Q2 in the FROM of the main query, but I'd prefer not to).

Sincerely yours,

AL

3 Replies
avinashelite

In Qlikview this is the syntax

//Qlikview load part

LOAD

A,

B;

//SQL query part starts from here

SQL Select

A,

B

from table ;

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QlikView usually doesn't interfere with the SQL code you try to send to your RDBMS, but your connection may choke on some advanced stuff. What DB make are you trying to query, and which connector are you using (OLE DB, ODBC?).

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Also please post the entire script from your last attempt. It's extremely difficult to guess where the error originates if you post only bits 'n' pieces.