Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjenkinsmontauk
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView Loading Slowly due to VarChar Data Types

I am currently having an issue when it comes to loading data from a View in SQL Server to a QlikView 12 Report. The view contains 2 specific columns that are VarChar(1000) which are causing the slowdown for users. The View currently  holds 400 rows, however these two columns are 100% necessary for the report as they drive the report. When I remove the 2 columns from the view, the report loads just fine which is how I know it's the 2 columns that are causing the issue. The reload logs are telling me that the document is loading in 3 seconds, however I do not believe that to be the case.

The report appears to have opened and loaded fully, however when a user goes to interact with filters or the report, nothing happens for at least 5 minutes. After roughly 5 minutes everything works normally. I need assistance in what to do in order to decrease this time.

I have tried a few different work arounds including limiting these two columns to appear only when specific filters are selected. I have also tried modifying the reload script. Neither of these solutions solved my issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

0 Replies