Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Plugin IIS Authenticate Error

Hi,

I tried looking for a solution here but was unable to find anything that worked for me. I get an IIS authenticate error when trying to open a dashboard using the IE plugin option. It works if viewed using the full browser version instead of the plugin.

We're using IIS along with SSL.

Please check the attachment for the error.

I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest a solution.

Thanks,

Sam.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did you tried by installing tunnel.. Go through attached document.

and make sure your server/desktop and qv plugin versions are same.

Karthik

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Spent ages knocking my head against this error recently. After a few calls with QlikTech support it turned out that IE9 was interferring with the communication. Solution for me was to add the the QlilView server address to IE9's list of trusted sites.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Hey Jonathan,

Thanks for the help. I tried doing this. We're using an intranet address along with eSAM authorization. I added the IP to the list sites in the intranet zone options of IE 8. But this didn't work. Allow me to also add that we have another QV server for internal use for which IE gives no such error upon plugin usage. This is happening only with the external server which uses SSL, eSAM auth and uses DMS instead of NTFS for file auth. I might have to raise a ticket with QT but would like to know if anyone had any inputs on this one.

Thanks again,

Sam.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did you tried by installing tunnel.. Go through attached document.

and make sure your server/desktop and qv plugin versions are same.

Karthik

Not applicable
Author

Awesome!!! Worked just fine

Thanks everyone for pitching in. This will help other users too.

Have a nice day.

Sam.

ysiroong
Contributor III
Contributor III

I followed the instructions that you provided for installing QvsTunnel but I'm still having the same issue.

We originally had 2 stand alone servers that combined to get a cluster license.  I uninstalled the existing versions of QVS on both machines, installed QVS on one machine and full install (QVWS, QVS, QMC) on the other server.  Everything looks fine, but when I select document from AccessPoint, every once and a while, I get the iis_authenticate error.  I installed QvsTunnel on the main server with QMC and that didn't work.  I then installed it on the other machine and still nothing.

Error.png

I don't have any of these issues when I don't cluster the servers (without QvsTunnel installed).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone.

Today, i pass the same problem.

So, i can resolved desable the security in the internet option, the Internet and Local Intranet.

Is my tip.

Hugs.

Not applicable
Author

I was able to solve this problem in IE 11 by disabling Protected Mode in the zone in which the QlikView web page ran under.