Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Section Access - Efficiency Question

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows of the best way to work with a Section Access table concerning the following scenario: I have USER1 that has access to all of the Category numbers associated with F13. They also need to see Category 8300, however it is not part of F13. Instead of listing out each Category line by line for F13 in addition to 8300 in the Category column for USER1, is there an easier way I can do this in Section Access or the Table?

USERAREACATEGORY
USER1F13
USER18300

Thank you,

Etha

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Etha,

Are you getting data from AD Database? If yeas then you should write a query meet you requirement. You have an excel there you want to enter the data then you have to do it manually.

I had a requirement where I need to display all employee under a manager

USER     EMPLOYEEID

Manger1  1

Manger1  2

Manger1  3

Employee1 1

Employee2 2

and this way I entered data.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi komoroske ,

Your provided data is very confusing. Can you attach the sample qvw with sample data. So that it will help us better understanding the issue and to provide the efficient solution by our folks.

timanshu
Creator III
Creator III

You can keep area and category in a single row for user 1. It will work.User 1 will see reducted data by Area and category mentioned.