Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server Application Use

We created a QV document to track the usage of QV by the end users (which documents they use, how often, etc.)  This document pulls from the log file on the server "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Sessions_[ServerName].log"

I assume this log file creates a new record for each new instance of QV that is opened.  However, what I am seeing is that it is missing many of the user logins. 

Has anyone else had this issue?  Is my assumption wrong?  Is there a way to truly track QV usage by user, duration, documents accessed, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Daron

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I talked to QV and it was a bug that was finally fixed in the latest SR. My session log now includes all session data so I can accurately track document usage.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rajtechnocraft
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, Log file does get updatedat every new instance opened by users. U can also track through Active users Tab in QV server Management console which exactly gives you details about active users accessing file from server. No of open sessions, Active documents. etc. I also have a cutomised application which does exclusively this task. Will send you by evening. Regards Raj.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Raj.  I did download the document referenced in this post: http://community.qlik.com/qlikviews/1029, which is great. However, it is missing information because my log file is not capturing every user and their activity and I don't know why.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I've never heard of an issue with sessions missing from the Sessions log (except in the case of server crash). Note that the log record is not written until the session ends, either by user action or timeout.

Has anyone else experienced a problem with missing session log data?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I talked to QV and it was a bug that was finally fixed in the latest SR. My session log now includes all session data so I can accurately track document usage.