Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server Development environment

Hello everybody,

I need some help with best practices for my QlikView Evironment.

Some background:

I am currently developing one application, I have a Qlikview server with a publisher installed on a virtual machine where all the QVD/QVWs reside along with all my source data and external scripts.

The QVWs are placed in a development and production folders where the production is the one my users have access to and develop is the ones I edit, atop of that i have some macros I need to run every night which do some DB insertion and such.

Since the current way to run macros overnight is using a batch file, meaning the user running the batch file needs to have a licence, I have found myself using two CALs just for development (out of just 5 CALs i currently have), one licence for my personal user for editing file on my personal PC, and one license for running the batch files from a user on the server.

So my question is -

How would you usually go about assigning CALs for the development environment? will every developer have its own licence? should i use the same user for development and production and for the Batch files? Is there a need to assign a CAL to one of the users on the server?

Also where do you do your QVW editing? on the server machine or on a seperated one?

I know it's alot of questions but I am honestly confused as to how should I manage my development Environment.

Thanks in advance,

Shahar.

0 Replies