Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

QlikView Server (how can i deploy my qv-file? into QlikView Server)

Dear Collegues,

Sorry for bother, i have one question, and namely how can i deploy my qv-file into QlikView-Server?

I tried this: QMC>System>Setup>QlikView Server>Folders>Root Folders or Mounted Folders, but i didnt have a success.

Thanks in advance

Beck

3 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I've used Root Folder, have your admin user write permissions on that folder?

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master
Author

Thanks a lot Alessandro,

What do you mean with permission? should i have a permission if i want to deploy my qf-file?

Thanks in advance

Beck

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To publish a document on a Qlikview AccessPoint, you do the following.

• Check where the Document root is located by visiting QMC->System->Setup->QlikView Server->Folders->Document Folders->Root Folder
  • On the QlikView Server, navigate to the Document root with Windows explorer (or a mounted folder if that's where no need to place this document). It is very handy to have these folders shared on the network if you do not have direct access to the server machine.
  • Drop your QVW in this folder.

QlikView Server will instantaneously pick up a new document and display it in the Access Point.

Alessandro meant to say that in order to drop the QVW document in this folder, your Windows account needs write permissions to the folder. If you are not the admin of the server machine, ask your system admin to grant your account the necessary permissions (and share the folders so that you can access them from your own PC).

Moreover, in order to let people visit this document, they should have read permission for this document (or if you have a publisher in DMS mode, they should be authorized to visit the document). A server in a domain usually includes read rights for local users and domain users.

Best,

Peter