Skip to main content
Announcements
Announcing Qlik Talend® Cloud and Qlik Answers™ to accelerate AI adoption! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView beginner CSV

Hi everyone,

I am a programmer and developer with a good experience in various programming languages and SQL.

I am exploring the QlikView and am a beginner in this new BI tool. My company recently purchased 4 licenses of QlikView. Hoping that I can get the good support from this community.

Recently have problems importing data from .CSV format and trying to resolve in my recent project.

Chickov.

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I don't know exactly what problem you are facing with.

From your post it seems like a limitation on a data size in a text file.

Or it is formating issue (decimal separator, tausend separator, delimiter, code page...)?

Not applicable
Author

" is your text indicator ; is your separator can you copy your load script here so we can check the syntax?

its_anandrjs

If there is problem in data loading then use the functions like Subfield, Mid, Left, Right, Keepchar, PurgeChar if data in single field or more field then transform this data in the load script to get perfect data.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I am still resolving this problems, but subfield helped me solve other problems with my data. As my data is in millions of rows is cause of root of all the problems.

Not applicable
Author

can you copy your load script here so we can check the syntax?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

can you share the .csv file?