Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 11 R 5. Does Direct Connect work in Access Point.I can get it to work ok from the client connecting to an Oracle 11 database using ODBC. When I try it from Access Point I get message "Database Connection Failed"

Qlikview 11 R 5. Does Direct Connect work in Access Point.I can get it to
work ok from the client connecting to an Oracle 11 database using ODBC. When I
try it from Access Point I get message "Database Connection Failed"

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

15 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

did you install/configure the odbc driver for oracle (and oracle client) on the server?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Massimo Grossi answered you question already.

Just a my point of view to use ODBC connection for Qlikview applications, Best practice in my point of view would be just to use OLEDB connections QlikView Applications. In case of oracle that is the best way to keep it simple.

Regards

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Yes odbc driver is installed and configured on the server as well as the Oracle client

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael, I will have a look at the OLEDB Oracle client thanks Frank

partenope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Sorry Frank,

when, exactly, do you receive the error message?
The Access Point has no interactions with ODBC... The only step in witch QlikView has a connection with ODBC is when you (or the Server Scheduler) make a "reload".

The Access Point is only the web portal where you find and open qlikview document stored on the Server...

maxgro
MVP
MVP

and the same connection does it works in a reload from the oracle server?

Not applicable
Author

Hi , I get the message when I open the document on Access Point. The document opens ok. When I select on an item from a list box (dimension) it does not refresh the measure values here is the script:-

CONNECT32 TO [jdedev11_fx2dta;DBQ=jdedev11] (XUserId is BAHLFTBPSBZIXQNH, XPassword is DVBVOTBPSBZIXQRL);

SET DirectTableBoxListThreshold = 2000000;

DIRECT QUERY
dimension
C1,
    C2,

measure
    M1,
    M2,
    M3
FROM FX2DTA.MV1;

Not applicable
Author

So if you open a document on access point it will not be able to use the direct connect feature to refresh the measures. The direct connect  will only work from a Qlikview clent application.

Not applicable
Author

hi ,

you are right but this changed with introducing QlikTechs Direct Discovery (and that is the issue here).

That will run SQL statements on "execution" time not only on realod time.

In that case the AccessPoint Server (better the one that runs the QVS Services) need a posibility to connect to the DB.

Regards