Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Annotations/Notes

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

I have recently inherited the role as "Local Qlikview Expert" and I'm trying to get a grasp of a few new things in Qlikview 11.

The main feature we are looking to implement is the ability for useres to create Annotation (Notes). We have done some preliminary testing and so far it seems like a great feature and much more reliable than how we used to work around it in previous versions... However...

I noticed this morning that in conjunction with Section Access this may not work too well. We have a number of users set in Section Access as "Admin" and a number set as "Users" while I hope this isn't unusual, it seems to mean that those who are "Users" cannot create or view notes.

I have looked both on the server and in the document itself but i cannot find a place where i can allow "Non-Admins" to create notes. Is it possible that I have missed something? Can I set anything so users can make notes, or will everyone need to be an Admin?

Regards,

Chris

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Have you checked the "Allow Server Annotations" in the QVS-> Documents tab in the QMC?

Also, take a look at the "Server Objects" tab under the User Documents options in the QMC.There is a checkbox named "Allow creation of Server Objects" which allows this functionality for a specidic QV Document, and you can specify All users or just some specific users.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Borja,

Thanks for the reply, both of those are set to allow server annotations and server objects, as those who are "Admins" in section access can create Notes. (Im not sure if this is a coincidence or not...?)