Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Email Alert using Set Analysis

Hi guys - I am trying to create an email alert which will be sent out to key people within my organisation, based on when their staff appraisals are coming up, as we are monitored on this from a performance perspective.

I have to use an Excel worksheet which is uploaded into Qlikview - this is all fine.  I've configured the email servers and I know this is all working.  What I'm getting stuck on, is the set analysis required to pull back, as data, those members of staff in question.

The following is the formula I have in the condition section:

=count({<[HR Assignment Status]={'Active Assignment'},

[HR Organisation]={'188 RAD CSI Staff'},

[HR Status]={'Due in next 12 months'}>}

([HR Next Appraisal Date]-today(1))<7)

I then have the following in the message section - same as above but adding a 'concat' to actually bring the names into the email as well as a count:

=count({<[HR Assignment Status]={'Active Assignment'},

[HR Organisation]={'188 RAD CSI Staff'},

[HR Status]={'Due in next 12 months'}>}

([HR Next Appraisal Date]-today(1))<7)

&

concat(([HR First Name] & ' ' & [HR Last Name]) & '|')

So, basically trying to show, as a count AND by the data itself, all those members of staff whose appraisal is due in less than 7 days, using the specific fields in the set analysis.   At the moment, all it's doing is bringing back EVERYONE who is on active assignment, in 188 RAD CSI Staff and Due in next 12 months.  I want to limit this to just count and show just those less than 7 days.

If you can help of guide me, I'd be so grateful.  Many thanks in advance.

0 Replies