Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigelapt
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Lease License via PowerShell

Hi folks

We have a secure script server which reloads a number of QV Dashboards via scheduled AutoSys scripts.

eg

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /R "D:\QV-Scripts\SCOMDashboard.qvw"

The functional ID which Autosys uses is locked down and we cannot use the account to login to the script server.

We suspect that the QV License leased to the account has expired, but because we cannot log into the server using the FID we cannot request a new lease.

Can anyone advise if its possible to renew the lease via PowerShell which we could add into the AutoSys script prior to the QV Dashboard reloads?

Thanks in advance.

Nigel

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @nigelapt,

I'm not aware of any method to renew a QlikView Desktop license lease programmatically using PowerShell.  Given the constraints of your environment/account, you may want to apply a stand alone QV Desktop license and skip using license lease completely.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

Of course, it's possible. To renew a license lease you have to open a QlikView App from the QlikView Server via qvp protocol. By myself I use a powershell script that uses the COM Interface of QlikView Desktop to do this.

The essential steps are:

$qvwApp="qvp://qlikview-server/DOCS/A Small App.qvw"
Start-Process -FilePath "c:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" -ArgumentList /nosecurity -WindowStyle Hidden
$qvAppl = New-Object -ComObject QlikTech.QlikView
$qvDoc=$qvAppl.OpenDoc($qvwApp,"","")
$qvDoc.CloseDoc()
$qvAppl.Quit()

For using the COM Interface you have to ensure that there is no running other QV.exe processes for the same user!

See attachement for the full script.