Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview Set Analysis Ignore selection not working

Hi,

I have one query regarding Set analysis. I am using Date variable in Qlikview expression.

=sum( {< IN_OUT_TRANSFER = {'INBOUND'},SALES_REP_CENTRAL_IDENTITY= , ALLIANCE_NAME=P({<ALLIANCE_NAME>}), %DIM_DATE_KEY= P({1< %DIM_DATE_KEY={">=$(vETEStartDateInput)<=$(vETEEndDateInput)"} >} %DIM_DATE_KEY)>}CALL_COUNT)

'vETEStartDateInput' and 'vETEStartDateInput' these two variable I created to get the data based on selected Date Range. But at the same time I have Date Calendar and I dont want to affect the Calendar Date selection on my Date range.

I tried to ignore '%DIM_DATE_KEY' selection in set analysis. I modified my expression as below:

=sum( {< IN_OUT_TRANSFER = {'INBOUND'},SALES_REP_CENTRAL_IDENTITY= , %DIM_DATE_KEY=, ALLIANCE_NAME=P({<ALLIANCE_NAME>}), %DIM_DATE_KEY= P({1< %DIM_DATE_KEY={">=$(vETEStartDateInput)<=$(vETEEndDateInput)"} >} %DIM_DATE_KEY)>}CALL_COUNT)

but its not working. Can anyone please help me.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this

=Sum({<%DIM_DATE_KEY, IN_OUT_TRANSFER = {'INBOUND'}, SALES_REP_CENTRAL_IDENTITY, ALLIANCE_NAME = P({<%DIM_DATE_KEY>}ALLIANCE_NAME), %DIM_DATE_KEY = {">=$(vETEStartDateInput)<=$(vETEEndDateInput)"}>} CALL_COUNT)

or this

=Sum({<%DIM_DATE_KEY, IN_OUT_TRANSFER = {'INBOUND'}, SALES_REP_CENTRAL_IDENTITY, ALLIANCE_NAME = $::ALLIANCE_NAME, %DIM_DATE_KEY = {">=$(vETEStartDateInput)<=$(vETEEndDateInput)"}>} CALL_COUNT)

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are these two guys static or expression?

vETEStartDateInput

and

vETEEndDateInput

If these two contain expression, may be you need to ignore the field within them

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I created these Date variables and using in Calendar.

For 'vETEStartDateInput' and 'vETEEndDateInput' using :

Min Value:=min({1}%DIM_DATE_KEY)

Max Value:= =max({1}%DIM_DATE_KEY)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also, I am using alternate state here.

For Calendar Date field, For other two Date Range Calendar and in straight table as well.

So Do I need to specify alternate state in the expression while ignoring the Date selection for %DIM_DATE_KEY.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Capture.PNGSunny,

Please find the attached image.

For first two expressions I want to use "Date" calendar and for last expression I want to use 'From ETE Date' and 'To ETE Date' date range by ignoring the 'Date' selection.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to look at this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It seems when I add 'ALLIANCE_NAME=P({<ALLIANCE_NAME>})' in the expression, at that time it doesn't work.

But without this it ignores the Date selection.

=sum( {< %DIM_DATE_KEY= ,IN_OUT_TRANSFER = {'INBOUND'}, SALES_REP_CENTRAL_IDENTITY= , ALLIANCE_NAME=P({<ALLIANCE_NAME>}),%DIM_DATE_KEY= P({1< %DIM_DATE_KEY={">=$(vETEStartDateInput)<=$(vETEEndDateInput)"} >} %DIM_DATE_KEY)>} CALL_COUNT)

sunny_talwar

May be try this

=Sum({<%DIM_DATE_KEY, IN_OUT_TRANSFER = {'INBOUND'}, SALES_REP_CENTRAL_IDENTITY, ALLIANCE_NAME = P({<%DIM_DATE_KEY>}ALLIANCE_NAME), %DIM_DATE_KEY = {">=$(vETEStartDateInput)<=$(vETEEndDateInput)"}>} CALL_COUNT)

or this

=Sum({<%DIM_DATE_KEY, IN_OUT_TRANSFER = {'INBOUND'}, SALES_REP_CENTRAL_IDENTITY, ALLIANCE_NAME = $::ALLIANCE_NAME, %DIM_DATE_KEY = {">=$(vETEStartDateInput)<=$(vETEEndDateInput)"}>} CALL_COUNT)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Sunny, It's working as expected.

Thank you so much

sunny_talwar

Which of the two worked for you?