Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview and R - data flow

Hi All,

I have been trying various analyses using QlikView and R, the basis of integration being the following discussion -

QlikView and R Integration for Predictive Analytics Example

My understanding is -

1. File loaded into QlikView from csv

2. Selected fields exported to a csv

3. R reads from the csv files

4. R does the analysis

5. R writes into csv files

6. QlikView reloads (or partially reloads) from the csv file.

If analysis is my sole objective, then it removes the necessity for QV altogether, since I could read/write from csv and even the graph displayed are from R plots.

Is there another way of integrating QlikView and R, without using external files?

If not, what is the advantage of using QlikView with R?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

There are some workaround regarding qlikview/r and also single dashboards for r like http://www.r-bloggers.com/creating-a-business-dashboard-in-r/

But thats like focing windows gimp doing stuff photoshop normally would do, R is a tool for davanced statistic analysis and dynamic graphics, qlikview main core is a fast paced creating of various dashbords. Its front end is muc stronger than R and the visual elements are more enhanced. Alsohuge the integration of huge databases from servers is easier in QlikView. A good way to go is to use R as data interpreter and Qlikview as graphical device, which displays your findings.