cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trigotrt
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview desktop personal edition does not open my own files

hello folks, my qlikview desktop gone crazy.
I have licenses at work, but at home I use personal edition to study some funcitions and practice but today it do not want to open any file.
Always showing the message that the file was created by another user.
I was using version 12.20, then a update to april 2020 and the problem persist.
I removed qlikview desktop from my pc (including cleaning regedit) and then I installed it again and the same problem.

It happens to my old files and new files. I tryed to create some new files to test and always the same message. It only opens the examples (getting started, movie database etc).

I still have 3 attemps to open files from other developers.

Can anyone help me?

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is Help link that should explain what has happened, but here is the particular piece in question:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QlikView_Person...

QlikView will accept 4 user key changes in a document. After that, you will get the error message “Key length has reached its maximum” and the document will not open any more. The only possibility is to recreate it from scratch.

Therefore, you should not recover QlikView documents that you did not create (from a forum or from a colleague, etc.). Doing so will use one of your remaining recovery attempts.

Upgrading will not help, as the key change count cannot be reset etc.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
gmoreaubell
Contributor
Contributor

bonjour,

j'ai un peu le même problème.  depuis peu les appli je ne peut plus ouvrir les appli sur mon ordi perso, créés surce même ordi perso.

j'ai eu un message d'erreur, indiquant que la clé était introuvable, ou abîmé, .  avec la possibilité de recréer une clé (avec l'info de limitation du nombre de reprise) . j'ai dans un premier temps refusé cette possibilité, sachant que j'avais plus plus de 3 appli (une bonne 10zaine).

maintenant sur toute j'ai sur toute les appli le message "fail to open".

bref plus rien ne marche.

quelqu'un aurait-il une solution. pour ne pas avoir à refaire tous les écrans (les script sont heureusement sauvegardé en externe)

cordialemnt