Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
typicaldru
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview file failed to open WITH nodata option

I am receiving "The document [file name] failed to load" error.

I have already tried opening with nodata and ApplicationRescue and ScriptRescue from the help>about Qlikview>settings menu and still didn't work.

I'm using Version 12.70 and I created the original document and it has been used by only me. I'm also not using Personal Edition.

Are there any other suggestions to recover this document or is it totally beyond fixing now? I can't find anything anywhere apart from the above suggestions.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @typicaldru,

Typically, QVW file corruption is due to environmental factors. See Qlik Support article Why QlikView files could be corrupted: TSHARED, SHARED, PGO, QVW for more details.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Alexparkes
Contributor
Contributor

Hii, My Envoy Air

You can verify if the file itself is corrupt. Try opening it on a different computer or with a different version of QlikView. And always maintain a backup of your original document. 

typicaldru
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

One other person has tried opening it but received the same message so I'm assuming it's well and truly corrupt.

Is there anyway we can find out why it happened?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @typicaldru,

Typically, QVW file corruption is due to environmental factors. See Qlik Support article Why QlikView files could be corrupted: TSHARED, SHARED, PGO, QVW for more details.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
marcus_sommer

Before looking for a file-corruption you may check if any section access is included which may prevent the access. Also thinkable is that there is no access from the active directory maybe caused from any group policy or that a security tool restrict the access. Another check may go to the access rights of a prj-folder.