cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II

Qlikview is not joining a field with the same name in different tables

I'm losing my mind with this problem. I made a connection with PostgreSQL unicode 64 and I have a field apparently with the same name (RCV_RefDoc) that is not joining. I have no clue of what is causing this problem. Also there the name is not repeated with a space or something as the 2nd image testifies. I also share the script I am using.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

Captura.PNG

Captura.PNG

Captura.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II
Author

OK I found the answer for my problem. It was a sui generis situation:

The field name RCV_RefDoc changed the encoding or just the font (I'm not sure which -bear with me as I'm not very technical in that area). I use some complex ETL process so it makes sense that somewhere in the way the data got corrupted. Qlikview didn't recognize the field in the two tables as the same, so I had to create a new table with manually writing the names and make an insert statement in my database and that was it, Qlikview recognized it as a same field and made its stuff.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you share the script you are using?

julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Captura.PNG

julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If you prefer the text, tell me. Thank you

sunny_talwar

Well I was interested in seeing RCF_RefDoc field getting created which might be within the binary load. Can you share the script for your PTP.QVW

julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II
Author

OK I found the answer for my problem. It was a sui generis situation:

The field name RCV_RefDoc changed the encoding or just the font (I'm not sure which -bear with me as I'm not very technical in that area). I use some complex ETL process so it makes sense that somewhere in the way the data got corrupted. Qlikview didn't recognize the field in the two tables as the same, so I had to create a new table with manually writing the names and make an insert statement in my database and that was it, Qlikview recognized it as a same field and made its stuff.