Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
castro88
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlikview, strange behavior with bookmarks and macros

Hi,
one of our customers has a strange problem with using bookmarks and macros on a QlikView application via AccessPoint.
I'll try to explain myself, starting with the case that works.

If I access the application with the user who is also the user of the services (I don't know if it can be useful as information) everything works. In detail: I access the sheet where there is a ListBox for choosing the dimensions and measures to represent in the table, I choose dimensions and measures and select, again via the ListBox, for which dimensions to enable the totals in the Pivot table. This last selection is managed by a macro. At this point, if I create a bookmark while the totals view is active, close and reopen the application by selecting the previously created bookmark, my pivot table presents the data with the total.
If I log in to the application with any other user and follow the same steps, once I apply the bookmark I do not see the totals. It does this behavior with all users except the service user.
I attach some images.
Let me know if you need any other information.
Thanks

QlikAccessPoint.png

Labels (3)
11 Replies
castro88
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you.
I only have one doubt on the second point, I don't see any settings for conditional expressions in partial sums in the graph tab. Am I understanding wrong?

cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

Cascading actions triggered by events are executed by the server at different levels.

If the user make a selection in the field "ShowTotals", the macro runs on level 1.

A bookmark is nothing more than an event that triggers actions. The selection triggered by the bookmark in the field "ShowTotals" is executed at level 1, the macro triggered by this selection now is executed at level 2.

But this is not allowed per default! On Ajax client a user can only run actions on level 1, no higher levels. The service user has no limits!

To get it work for all users you have to increase the MaxActionLevel on the Server:

Stop the server service.

Open the file:

c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings.ini

Add the line

MaxActionLevel=2

to section [Settings 7].

Start the server service.

Now it should works for all users.