Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question about selection

Is it possible to have a selection made on one list box automatically trigger the selection of another field in another box?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See attached.

The "secret" is in Document Properties - Triggers - Field1 - OnSelect - Edit Actions.

I made it simple allowing only one value selected in Field1.  Don't know your rules for multiple selections.  Hope you'll figure out from here.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, by using a the first list box field "on select" as trigger.

terezagr
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

See attached

Not applicable
Author

How do you do that? How can you add a trigger to a list box? If you could clarify that would help.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks but I want the field to change to match what's selected. E.g

List box 1:

Site A

Site B

Site C

List box 2:

Site X

Site Y

Site Z

What am trying to achieve is when I select Site A on list box 1 it automatically selects Site X (Site A/B/C and Site X/Y/Z have 2 different parameter names). Same thing for selecting Site B = Selecting Site Y and selecting Site C = selecting site Z.

Thanks in advance for any help or advise you can provide.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See attached.

The "secret" is in Document Properties - Triggers - Field1 - OnSelect - Edit Actions.

I made it simple allowing only one value selected in Field1.  Don't know your rules for multiple selections.  Hope you'll figure out from here.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks that's what I was looking for!!!