cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question involving a comparing issue

Hi,

Let's begin with ginging an example.

I have two periodes, let's say March 2009 and March 2010.

I wanna calculate the sales of March 2010 of the shops that have a salesamount > 0, in both periodes.

So if there's a shop that has no sales in March 2009, then the salesamount of March 2010 of that shop should be ignored.

i want the total to display in a textbox, so not in a table.

I hope somebody has an idea to do this.

3 Replies
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello.

I'm not sure how your data is structured. I have attached a sample application that will allow the user to select a first and second period and a text box that will sum the sales from period 2 if the sum of sales from period 1 is not zero.

I'm using two variables and set analysis in the text box to achieve the results. We are on QV 8.5.

Let me know if this helps.

John.

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

Thanks for your answer, but it's not the solution for me.

The problem is that i have shops (let's say 20 shops) in 2009, and in 2010 five shops are openend, and 2 shops are closed from the beginning of 2010.

when i select the year 2010, I have a table in which i display the sales for each shop over 2010.

When i selectes the year 2010, in my tabel i see all the shops whit his sales and that is correct.

Now i need to create a textbox, in which i display the total sales of the shops that have some sales in the selected period.

So the sales of the new 5 shops (no sales in 2009) , and the sales of the 2 shops that are closed (no sales in 2009) have to be ignored in the textbox with the total.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Plz share sample QV Data/file.