Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gandelr
Partner - Contributor III

Question on TOTAL function

Hy I have three dimension

dim1

dim2

dim3

in a pivot table I want to create an expression total that does not include dim3

I write SUM(TOTAL <dim1,dim2> value)

My question is,

you can create a dynamic expression that allows me to always exclude the dim3 even if I add a new dimension.

For example

If i insert in the pivot a new dimesion (dim4) i make modify the expression  SUM(TOTAL <dim1,dim2,dim4> value).

I would like to create an expression that shows me all values ​​except dim3 regardless of the dimesion entered.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In addition to what swuehl suggested, maybe in this particular case something in the direction of sum(total value) - sum(<dim3> value) might be a clever solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You should be able to add more field to the TOTAL field list, fields that are currently not a dimension. It shouldn't change the outcome of the aggregation. Then, after adding a listed field as dimension, the field in the field list should get effective (as for also for a dimension group).

Above method should also help you with conditional dimensions.

Not sure if this answers your question or helps you with your original issue. I don't think there is an easy way to get a list of the dimension fields (except using Macros).

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In addition to what swuehl suggested, maybe in this particular case something in the direction of sum(total value) - sum(<dim3> value) might be a clever solution.

gandelr
Author

thanks a lot I solved making a difference (sum(total value) - sum(<dim3> value) )