Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex59800
Contributor
Contributor

Question to transfer line in column in a qvd file.

Hello i have attached an xls file with my question, to transfer a line in column.

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

You can find attached your requested app.

I've added the script in text format in case you have personal edition.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

You can find attached your requested app.

I've added the script in text format in case you have personal edition.

alex59800
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks a lot Jp, it's workin fine and it's really fast to reload.

Are you from qlikview ? Have you participate to a special training session for this script ?

We 'd like with my collegue to participate to an advanced scripting session, but we can not find this kind of training. Best regards!
Alex

Not applicable

Hi again Alex,

Glad the solution worked fine.

As to your questions, i'm working in a company that partners with qlikview. So our job is to go at our client's site and implement the solution there.

As you can guess, clients requests build up a lot to your experience because they usually don't ask for something they can achieve themselves, so the harder their requests are, the more experience we gain.

Qlikview also offers on its website a number of trainings and demos that are very helpful.

And the very precious qlikview community , where you can practically find anything you want thanks to all the members that are willing to share their experience with everyone.

I personally didn't attend any advanced training and am relying on what i wrote above to constantly learn new stuff.

But maybe if you email qlikview team or check the training section on the website, you may find useful info in this matter (check for example under Services > Trainings > Training contacts).

Check also the different replies in this post, it'll surely prove useful: http://community.qlik.com/message/30752#30752

Good Luck !

alex59800
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello

Ok thanks a lot.

If you want to practise more i have another question here with an excel example:

http://community.qlik.com/message/239999#239999

thise one is not as easy as the one up here !

Best regards

Alex

hirenp0904
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Jp,

I have a similar question where i want to convert column to row. For eg:

username          group

test                    A,B,C

test 1                  A,B,C

Convert to

username          group