Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rank Function

Hi Everyone,

I am working on selecting the highest performer in a certain type of sport. So, I need my text object to return a name for the highest number of scores, and currently the expression is

= only({<Sportsman={"=rank(sum([Total Number of Points Scored], Sportsman)=2"}>} Sportsman),however it doesn't work and only returns a '-'. Can anyone help with this please?

Thank you,

Anna

12 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try =FirstSortedValue(Sportsman,-aggr(sum([Total Number of Points Scored]),Sportsman)) for the name of the sportsman with the highest score. For the second highest use =FirstSortedValue(Sportsman,-aggr(sum([Total Number of Points Scored]),Sportsman),2)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
swuehl
MVP
MVP

There is a closing bracket ) missing in your advances search expression and I think you should remove the second argument from the rank() function:

= only({<Sportsman={"=rank(sum([Total Number of Points Scored]))=2"}>} Sportsman)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Gysbert, that worked for the highest one. What about the lowest?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

remove the - character in front of the aggr.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

what if I want to list all sportsmen that have the same highest value?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

In that case try with concat() function like:

= Concat({<Sportsman={"=rank(sum([Total Number of Points Scored]))=2"}>} Sportsman, ',')

Not applicable
Author

thank you for that. and the case for listing all sportsmen that have the same lowest value?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

This?

= Concat({<Sportsman={"=rank( - sum([Total Number of Points Scored]))=1"}>} Sportsman, ',')